UNIT 8: In The Office
Book 2 – Unit 8
report, promoted, director,
regional, boss, so
In the Office
|Denis:||Sue the boss needs the report for last month. Can you send it to him?|
|Sue:||Sure. Is his e-mail address the same?|
|Denis:||It slipped my mind, the old boss was promoted yesterday. Now he's a regional director.|
|Sue:||So, would you like me to send it to him anyway?|
|Denis:||Could you send it to all of them? But give it to me first to check.|
|Sue:||Who's the new boss? I hope he likes us!|
Ex. 1- Answer with True or False.
1. The boss needs last month's report.
2. The old boss wasn't promoted.
3. Denis wants the report sent to one director.
4. Sue thinks the new boss doesn't like her.
Ex. 2 - Answer these questions.
1. What slipped Denis' mind?
2. Why does Denis want to check the report?
3. Who's the new boss?
4. What happened to the old boss?
Ex. 3 - Complete these statements with words from the box:
|me, you, him, her, it, us, you, them|
1. Please give the report because I want to check it.
2. Tell to finish the report. They are too slow.
3. Ask about the figures if you have questions. They are working late.
4. I think they don't like . We weren't invited to the party.
5. He loves . He sent you flowers.
6. She loves , so why not marry her?
7. You opened and ate all the chocolates.
8. I met Carla and gave some sweets.
9. Roberto was sick, so I took to the doctor.
10. Hey, Vanessa, can you make a coffee?
Ex. 4 - Change the nouns into object pronouns.
1. Give (João and Maria) the money.
2. Can you cook (the steak) more?
3. I left my bag on the chair. Did you see ?
4. We weren't invited to the party. I don't think they like .
5. Paulo is my best friend. I gave my bicycle.
6. Carla is my sister. I like swimming with .
7. "I told to do your homework", the teacher said.
8. "Did I give homework for today?", the teacher asked the class.
9. "Do you want to fight ?", Malfoy asked Harry.
10. "Give the book", Harry said.
Ex. 5 - Unscramble.
1. great/CD/ but/ money/ have/ don't/ I/ it/ buy/ that's/ a/ to.
2. way/ us/ please/ show/ the/ Varvito/ to.
3. money/ her/ the/ give.
4. with/ swimming/ I/ him/ went.
5. arrive/ I/ you/ told/ to/ early.
6. dinner/ to/ them/ come/ tell/ to.
7. study/ all/ you/ of/ need/ to.
The old law about an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind.(Martin Luther King)