UNIT 7: Review of Units 1 to 6
Book 2 – Unit 7: Review of Units 1 to 6
Ex. 1 - Fernando is very happy. He was at a party last night and his friend Antonio is very curious about the details: Ask Antonio's questions with to be, for example:
Q1. Who were you with?
A1. I was with Maria.
Q2. Where ?
A2. We at Anzu.
Q3. How it?
A3. It great.
Q4. Julia there too?
A4. Yes, she .
Now make Fernando's statements true:
5. I was with Laura (false).
6. Maria was with Antonio (false).
7. Julia wasn't there.
Now make these statements into questions.
8. We weren't at Anzu. ?
9. They were at Gorilla's. ?
10. You were at Anzu last week. ?
Ex. 2 - Complete these statementes about Jones and his Indian friend.
1. They (start) their trip from Manaus.
2. They (sleep) badly because of the mosquitoes.
3. The alligator (take) the snakes head in its mouth.
4. The anaconda and the alligator (fight) for a long time.
5. The snake (do/not) want to fight anymore.
Now make questions from the statements 1-5.
Ex. 3 - Complete this telephone conversation:
St. A: Hello, is Tanya there?
St. B: Who ?
St. A: .
St. B: Just a moment, . I'm sorry .
St. A: Can you ?.
St. B: Sure.
St. A: Thanks.
St. B: Not at all. Bye.
Ex. 4 - Order your lunch from the waitress:
1. Would order now?
2. How the steak?
3. Would to drink?
Can I please?
4. What for dessert?
Can you please?
Ex. 5 - Put the words in the box in the correct places:
Note you need to use some words more than once
|before, during, after, some, any|
1. the sale everything is 20% cheaper.
2. If you order next week you get 20% discount.
3. The sale finishes Saturday so if you order then you pay the normal price.
4. We have Gucci dresses but we don't have Versace.
5. We don't give shopping cards checking your bank account.
6. the Bank say you're OK we can give you a card.
7. Most people buy a lot December.
Ex. 6 - Make comparisons using words in the boxes:
|Danny De Vito
Fernando H Cardoso
Danny De Vito
Example: 1) Danny De Vito is smaller than Arnold Schwarzneggar
2) (is/are) than
3) (is/are) than
4) (is/are) than
5) (is/are) than
6) (is/are) than