UNIT 5: Ordering by Internet at the Mall
Book 2 – Unit 5
Graduation Ball, specific, site,
discount, fashion, expensive,
credit card, shopping card,
before / during / after
Before ---------- during -------------- after
Ex: Before breakfast I take a shower.
Ordering by Internet at the Mall
|Sales Assistant:||Can I help you?|
|Customer:||I need something for my graduation ball.|
|Sales Assistant:||Anything specific?|
|Customer:||Something in fashion, but not so expensive.|
|Sales Assistant:||Let's check the site. If you order before Saturday, you get 20% discount.|
|Customer:||Wow, that sounds good!|
|Sales Assistant:||If you order after Saturday you don't get the discount.|
|Customer:||Well, I don't have any money now. Can I order and pay next week?|
|Sales Assistant:||Do you have a credit card?|
|Customer:||No, I don't.|
|Sales Assistant:||During the week you can apply for our shopping card.|
|Sales Assistant:||You're welcome.|
Ex. 1 - Answer with True or False:
1. The customer wants something in fashion and expensive.
2. The customer is a student.
3. The customer doesn't have a credit card.
4. The sales assistant recommends getting a shopping card.
Ex. 2 - More questions:
1. What does the customer want?
2. Does the customer have money for the clothes?
3. Does the customer buy anything? Why/Why not?
4. What can the customer get if he/she orders before Saturday?
5. What can the customer do during the week?
Ex. 3 - Talk to your partner.
1. What do you do everyday before breakfast?
2. Something you do during the day.
3. Something you do after class.
Ex. 4 - Talk some more.
1. Something you did before the class?
2. Something you did during last weekend?
3. Something you did after breakfast today?
|We use some in positive statements/answers:
I have some money.
We also use some for questions (expect a positive answer):
Do you have some money?
We use any for negative statements:
Ex. 5 - Fill in the gaps. (some/any)
1. Do you have books?
2. I don't have books.
3. Would you like water?
4. No thanks, I don't want water .
5. I have friends who live in Rio.
6. I don't have relatives in Chile.
7. Do you have children?
8. No, I don't have .
9. Yes, I have .
10. Did you make friends at the party last night?
|Point to ponder:
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds...Albert Einstein