UNIT 20: What would you do?
Book 2 – Unit 20
folks, exclusive, lottery, phone lines,
receive, retire, program, prize,
take over, clown, come in
have got = have
what would you do if ... ?
What would you do?
Good afternoon Folks! It´s Radio City here with an exclusive report on the lottery. Our phone lines are open to receive your calls. Our number is 40232355. Call now!
|Caller #1:||Hello. Is that Radio City?|
|Presenter:||Yep, and I´d like to know what you would do if you won the Lottery?|
|Caller #1:||I´d retire, I´d buy a farm and I´d travel around the world.|
|Presenter:||Good answer, now who have we got on the other line?|
|Caller #2:||Hello Renato, I love your program...|
|Presenter:||Thanks I appreciate it. What would you do if you won first prize in the Lottery?|
|Caller #2:||I´d buy Radio City and take over your show.|
|Presenter:||Ha ha ha ha! We´ve got a joker on the line. Come in caller #3....|
Ex. 1 - AAnswer with True or False:
1. The show´s number is 40233315.
2. The first caller would buy a car and a house.
3. The second caller prefers Ratinho´s show.
4. The presenter is worried about his job.
Ex. 2 - More questions:
1. What´s the show´s number?
2. What would the first caller buy?
3. Does caller #2 like the show?
How do you know?
4. Why does Renato call the second caller a clown?
Ex. 3 - Describe your reaction to these situations:
What would you do if ... ?
e.g. your car was robbed?
I´d phone the police
|was robbed, wallet, world cup,
valentine card, graduate with honors
1. What would you do if you found a wallet?
2. What would you do if Brazil won the next World Cup?
3. What would you do if you received a job offer from a multinational company?
4. What would you do if you lost your job?
5. What would you do if you got a new job in Hawaii?
6. What would you do if you ate too much Pizza?
7. What would you do if you graduated with honors?
Ex. 4 - Unscramble these sentences.
1. the/ weekend/ to/ next/ I´d/ like/ beach/ go/ to
2. like/ help/ homework/ to/ you/ your/ with/ I´d/ can´t/ but/ I
3. travel/ this/ month/ but/ money/ don´t/ I´d / have / I
4. like/ work/ Radio City/ I´d/ to/ on
5. Radio City/ like/ you/ would/ work/ on/ to?
6. station/ radio/ my/ favorite/ is/ Radio City
7. popular/ TV/ is/ which/ more/ radio/ or?
Ex. 5 - Correct these sentences, if necessary.
1. Like you to eat ice cream?
2. I like to go to Florida next week.
3. I´d like to buy a computer bur I don´t have any money
4. I like to listen to the radio.
5. He´d like to watch the TV tonight but he must study.
6. She like to be a famous singer.
7. They hate to fail the test so they will study tonight.
8. We like to go now because the task is finished.