UNIT 19: Airport
Book 2 – Unit 19
check-in desk, escalator, company,
passport, reservation, ticket, one way,
round trip, aisle seat, hand baggage,
conveyor belt, allowance, extra, flight,
meal, boarding gate, pass,
|Paula:||Excuse me officer, can you tell me where the check-in desk for Varig is?|
|Officer:||Go up the escalator to the next floor, and go straight ahead. It's the third company, on the left.|
|Clerk:||Good morning, may I help you?|
|Paula:||Yes, I'd like to check in, please.|
|Clerk:||Do you have a reservation?|
|Paula:||Yes, I do.|
|Clerk:||May I see your ticket and passport, please? Is it one way or a round trip?|
|Paula:||It's a round trip.|
|Clerk:||Would you like a window or an aisle seat?|
|Clerk:||Any hand baggage? That's OK. Put your baggage on the conveyor belt, please. Your allowance is 20 kilos. Anything over, you pay extra. Can I remind you that all flights are non-smoking?|
|Clerk:||Would you like to request a special meal?|
|Paula:||I'd like a vegetarian salad, please.|
|Clerk:||OK. That's row N, window seat 12 and a vegetarian meal. Boarding is at Gate number B24 at 10 am. Here's your ticket and your boarding pass, have a nice trip.|
|Paula:||Thanks very much.|
Ex. 1 - Answer with True or False:
1. Paula is flying TAM Airlines.
2. It's a one-way trip.
3. The clerk asks her if she would like smoking or non-smoking.
4. Paula doesn't request a special meal.
Ex. 2 - More questions:
1. Is the Varig check-in on the ground floor?
2. What seat does Paula get?
3. What meal does Paula request?
4. Where will Paula fly to?
5. When does her flight leave?
Ex. 3 - Roleplay. Complete the answers and practice with your partner.
Can I help you?
Is it a round trip or one way?
Would you like a or an seat?
Your flight is boarding at Gate # at pm. Have a good trip!
Ex. 4 - Complete these sentences with an article ("a", "an" or "the") and the words below.
|reservation, on board, in-flight movie, flight attendent, orange juice, newspaper, restroom (toilet), duty free, seat belt
Example: 1. Watch an in-flight movie.
Ex. 5 - Unscramble.
1. every/ people/ many/ year/ go/ disneyworld/ to.
2. leave/ flight/ when/ does/ your?
3. expensive/ Brazil/ flights/ are/ in.
4. like/ you/ flying/ do?
5. have/ bags/ many/ how/ do/ you?
6. trip/ a/ have/ nice!
7. flight/ leaving/ is/ at/ 10pm/ your
8. flight/ leaving/ is/ at/ 10pm/ your?
9. want/ duty/ free/ you/ do/ any?