UNIT 15: Fat Family
Book 2 – Unit 15
how heavy are you?
how tall are you?
how far is it?
feet & inches
meters & cms
Poor Fat Family has a problem. They were on the road when their truck crashed into a tree! Fortunately nobody was hurt but they need to get to Campinas, for a concert. They are hitch hiking but no one will give them a ride. Why? Because they're too fat, and too big. They're not too tall but they are too heavy. It's too far to walk because it's 300kms away.
Ex. 1 - Answer with True or False:
1. Their truck broke down.
2. They have a concert in Sorocaba.
3. They are waiting for a ride.
4. The city is 100kms away.
Ex. 2 - More questions:
1. What stopped their journey?
2. Where should the concert be?
3. Why can't they get a ride?
4. Why don't they walk?
Ex. 3 - Fill in the form:
Now ask your partner for their statistics.
How are you? I'm 70 kilos
How are you? I'm 1m 49cms
Ex. 4 - Put the words below in the correct columns.
Tall, high, long, heavy, far, length, near, light, short
Weight Height Distance
Ex. 5 - Put the correct words in the gaps.
1. My friend thinks she is too but she only 70 kilos.
2. The Empire State Building is now the in New York.
3. Bob is almost 2ms. .
4. London Bridge isn't very . It is famous for it's age, not its
5. How is it to Ubatuba? It's than Rio.
6. It's a from São Paulo to Rio, but it's a distance from Itu to Salto.
7. Shimano bicycles are because they are made from aluminium. Iron bikes are much .
"Beauty is only skin deep. True beauty is invisible to the eye".