UNIT 14: Review of Units 7 to 13
Book 2 – Unit 14: Review of Units 7 to 13
Fill the gaps with the correct pronouns and correct verb tense:
The schools are on vacation and tomorrow I drive Maria and the kids to a farm. I promised that a long time ago. We (not) travel by bus, but we go by car. I (not) stay for the weekend, so they have to return by . I have to work with my partner driving a taxi in São Paulo. It's not easy for to work all Saturday and Sunday, but I need to, in order to pay for on the farm. My partner said "don't worry, next month my wife and the children go to the Amazon to enjoy in an adventure holiday". Wow! I thought to , to send there must cost a lot of money.
Ex. 1 - Answer True or False?
1. The narrator will drive his wife and children to the beach. T/F?
2. They won't go by bus. T/F?
3. He will work at the weekend. T/F?
4. His partner will send his family to the Pantanal for a vacation. T/F?
Ex. 2 - More questions:
1. When will they go to the farm?
2. How will they travel?
3. What will he and his partner do at the weekend?
4. Why will he work?
5. Where will his partner's family spend a holiday?
6. How much will it cost for a holiday in the Amazon?
Ex. 3 - Weather Forecast
|must / need / have to / should / needn't/ don't have to|
For each day of the week advise the public what they should do. For example:
1. On Sunday you needn't wear a jacket.
Ex. 4 - Comparatives and Superlatives. Make sentences comparing
items in Box A with items in Box B.
Itu is older than Salto.
Itu is the oldest town in this area.
Ex. 5 - Insert the correct words from the box in the blanks.
very, too, enough, neither...nor, either...or
1. I don't have money and twenty reais is expensive for a souvenir.
2. Twenty reais is expensive for a souvenir, but I have the money and I want to buy it.
3. I won't live in England because I like snow rain.
4. "Where will you travel on vacation?". " the beach a farm".
5. I'm from Brazil. The North Pole is cold for me.
6. The temperature fell by 10ºc. Today it's cold.
7. Who will drive? "I'm not sure, Paulo Thomas.
8. They're broke. Paulo Tomas have money.